Saturday 7 January 2012

How far fall the virtuous

The hypocrite returns after the best part of a week.

And what is there to report you may well ask? Three days of work and taking down the Christmas decorations. Oh how very stimulating. In actual fact the return to some sort of routine is comforting. Banal it may be but routine is what makes the special things special, the weekends a treat etc.
Work is a good solid environment. Busy and positive. I do feel rather the old lady compared to the young batch of auditors who are in the office right now. Nothing like a skinny fashionable 20 year old to make you feel like you're 50. To be honest I am probably past 50 in terms of energy levels.
I have done my best to eat healthily, actually make that "healthier" on the basis of trying not to eat too much chocolate - somewhat difficult given that the house has been full of it. I have managed a pitiful 30-40 minutes on the Wii-fit every day. Rubbish TV is allowed whilst exercising. That does make it partly a guilty pleasure.
Culturally I have not managed to enhance my soul this week. I have been reading a book of  anecdotes by a GP - hardly literary at all let alone high brow. Though I have listened to some opera - Mado Robin's strange yet pretty girl like voice. It may be an extremely high voice capable of the full coloratura repetoire, however, to my ear it seems to lack something of a roundness, a fullness, a rich even tone. Maybe that is because a lot of her recordings seems to be of those extremely high and technical pieces. 

Housework has definately taken a back seat. I can't be bothered even to remove the substitute pyjamas today. I shall have to as I do need to take the dog ( or "dogue") to the vet and I have the utter delight/agony of a child's birthday party with 3 children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment